- To provide a comprehensive educational experience where students learn to master many disciplines both religious and secular, to love all people, and to love learning.
- To educate our children in an environment of gender equality and respect for religious diversity.
- To teach religious principles, prayer, Christian culture and communal responsibility.
- To develop a well-rounded student capable of clear and sound reasoning.
- To cultivate a love of learning and seeking out of knowledge.
- To create a warm, nurturing and intimate learning community in which our children’s self-esteem can flourish.
To maintain consistency and a positive school climate, the Orel Private Academy follows these guidelines for student behaviour.
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT FOLLOWING RULES:
- Follow the schools behaviour code, class and playground rules in all school related environments.
- Attend school regularly, be punctual and present notes to explain absences.
- Respect and follow the instructions of teachers and others in authority.
- Attempt all tasks that are expected of you to the best of your ability.
- Behave in a responsible, polite and courteous manner without harassing, bullying, intimidating, discriminating or threatening anyone in any way.
- Try to resolve conflict in a peaceful manner.
- Behave in a manner that will keep yourself and others safe.
- Have respect for and care for school buildings, school property and the property of others.
- Observe the standard of dress and uniform requirements of the school. The winter and summer uniforms are stated in the “Uniform Catalogue”. Uniforms bust be neat and presentable at all times. All buttons must be sewn on at all times. Skirts are not allowed to be shorter than 4 fingers above knee height. No makeup or nail polish will be allowed as well as any lip-gloss. Only colourless Lip- ice may be used. All hair accessories must be Navy blue. Only plain small gold or silver studs will be allowed. No other piercings will be accepted. When the uniform is worn outside of school hours, the same rules apply as stated above. Classes will not be attended if proper uniform is not worn. The right of admission is reserved.
- Not to bring any dangerous and illegal substances and objects into the school grounds. Engaging in illegal activities while off school grounds can also affect the student’s standing in the school.
- Cell phones, iPads may not be brought to school.
- Use of profane / vulgar language or gestures is prohibited.
- The lost and found will be emptied and forwarded to charity once per term.
- Keep the school grounds clean.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school grounds until they are dismissed from school, unless the parents / guardian have made prior arrangements with management.
- All are expected to speak in English in school.
- Writing or scribbling on walls, desks, benches are strictly prohibited.
- Cleanliness of books, dress and person must be adhered to at all times.
- School shall not be held responsible for books, money, clothes or other articles that are lost.
- Children must attend school until the last day of the term and return to school after the holiday on the first day of the next term.
- Parents / guardians or other persons are not allowed to see pupils or call them on telephone during school hours or interview the teachers while they are teaching, or at their residence.
- Parents are reminded that without their help and co-operation no significant improvements can be expected from the efforts taken by the school to mould the student’s character. They are therefore intently requested to encourage regularity and discipline.
- School must be attended during the aforementioned hours and coming late on a basis of more than three (3) times without a valid reason result in punishment.
- School reports must be collected by the parent / guardian on the last day of the term at the Principal office.
- School Fees: Monthly school fees are due and payable in advance on or before the 1st day of the month. Such fees shall, however be paid by no later than the 7th day of the month during which the services are rendered. Monthly school fees that are paid after the 7st day of the month during which services are rendered, will be levied with a late payment penalty. Orel Private Academy reserves the right to refuse access to you and your child / children if the fees that are due have not been paid or are outstanding from the 8th day of the month.
- Notice: Should you wish to remove your child / children from Orel Private Academy, then you are obliged to give Orel Private Academy one calendar month’s written notice. For clarity of this clause a calendar month notice shall mean from the first day of the month until the first day of the next month. Orel Private Academy does not accept notice for the month of November. If you wish to remove your child / children from the school at the end of November, then the school fees for the month of December remain fully payable.
- School Hours: The school hours are strictly from 06h30 to 18h00, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays and weekends. Should your child / children be collected after 18h00, a late collection fee will be charged to your account.
- General: In the event that property of the school is damaged by you or your child / children, you will be held responsible for the costs to replace or repair the damaged property.
Upon receiving an office referral for misbehaviour, students may be subjected to the following penalties, either alone or in combination:
- Meeting with Teacher/ Principal / CEO – Verbal warning
- Meeting with Teacher / Principal / CEO – Call to parent / guardian
- Meeting with Teacher / Principal / CEO – Call to parent / guardian with assigned detentions.
- Meeting with Principal / CEO & SGB – Call to parent / guardian and suspension of privileges.
- Meeting with Principal, CEO & SGB – Call to parent / guardian and short term
(5 Days or Less) suspension from school, or full-on expulsion.