To maintain consistency and a positive school climate, the Orel Private Academy follows these guidelines for student behaviour.
- Follow the schools behaviour code, class and playground rules in all school related environments.
- Attend school regularly, be punctual and present notes to explain absences.
- Respect and follow the instructions of teachers and others in authority.
- Attempt all tasks that are expected of you to the best of your ability.
- Behave in a responsible, polite and courteous manner without harassing, bullying, intimidating, discriminating or threatening
anyone in any way.
- Try to resolve conflict in a peaceful manner.
- Behave in a manner that will keep yourself and others safe.
- Have respect for and care for school buildings, school property and the property of others.
- Observe the standard of dress and uniform requirements of the school. The winter and summer uniforms are stated in the “Uniform Catalogue”. Uniforms bust be neat and presentable at all times. All buttons must be sown on at all times. Skirts are not allowed to be shorter than 4 fingers above knee height. No makeup or nail polish will be allowed as well as any lip-gloss. Only colourless Lip- ice may be used. All hair accessories must be Navy blue. Only plain small gold or silver studs will be allowed. No other piercings will be accepted. When the uniform is worn outside of school hours, the same rules apply as stated above.
- Not to bring any dangerous and illegal substances and objects into the school grounds. Engaging in illegal activities while off school grounds can also affect the student’s standing in the school.
- Cell phones, iPads may not be brought to school.
- Use of profane / vulgar language or gestures is prohibited.
- The lost and found will be emptied and forwarded to charity once per term.
- Keep the school grounds clean.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school grounds until they are dismissed from school, unless the parents / guardian have made prior arrangements with management.
- All are expected to speak in English in school.
- Writing or scribbling on walls, desks, benches are strictly prohibited.
- Cleanliness of books, dress and person must be adhered to at all times.
- School shall not be held responsible for books, money, clothes or other articles that are lost.
- Children must attend school until the last day of the term and return to school after the holiday on the first day of the next term.
- Parents / guardians or other persons are not allowed to see pupils or call them on telephone during school hours or interview the teachers while they are teaching, or at their residence.
- Parents are reminded that without their help and co-operation no significant improvements can be expected from the efforts taken by the school to mould the student’s character. They are therefore intently requested to encourage regularity and
- School must be attended during the aforementioned hours and coming late on a basis of more than three (3) times without a valid reason result in punishment.
- School reports must be collected by the parent / guardian on the last day of the term at the Principal office.
- Fees are strictly payable in advance. Only quarterly, half yearly and yearly paying learners will be allowed to make payment via EFT, Cash Deposit or POS at the office. All monthly paying learners pay strictly via debit order and it is only allowed to be loaded in the offices of Orel Private Academy using the appropriate bank card. Payments must be received no later than 7 days after the arranged payment date. Failure to settle the account will result in levy charges being added and or services being suspended until full payment is made.
- Discounts will be removed for quarterly, half yearly and yearly paying learners if payment is not made on the appropriate date, and R100.00 levy charge for unpaid debit orders will be invoiced to your account additionally and must be settled within the same 7 days rule as stated above. R10.00 Late Collection Fine will be charged per minute that the child is collected late (As per the hours stated on page 11) and a 15 minute grace period will be granted only to parents who have informed us on e-mail that they are running late.
- Notice: Should you wish to remove your child / children from Orel Private Academy, then you are obliged to give Orel Private Academy one calendar month’s written notice. For clarity of this clause a calendar month notice shall mean from the first day of the month until the first day of the next month. Orel Private
Academy does not accept notice for the month of November. If you wish to remove your child / children from the school at the end of November, then the school fees for the month of December remain fully payable.
- School Hours: The school hours are strictly from 06h30 to 15h00 for half day students and from 06h30 to 17h00 for full day students, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays and weekends. Should your child / children be collected after 15h00 & 17h00 (starting at 15H01 & 17H01), a late collection fee will be charged to your account. R10.00 Late Collection Fine will be charged per minute that the child is collected late (As per the hours stated on page 10) and a 15 minute grace period will be granted only to parents who have informed us on e-mail that they are running late.
- General: In the event that property of the school is damaged by you or your child / children, you will be held responsible for the costs to replace or repair the damaged property.
CONSEQUENCES FOR NOT FOLLOWING RULES:
Upon receiving an office referral for misbehaviour, students may be subjected to the following penalties, either alone or in combination:
- Meeting with Teacher/ CEO – Verbal warning
- Meeting with Teacher / CEO – Call to parent / guardian
- Meeting with Teacher / CEO – Call to parent / guardian with assigned detentions.
- Meeting with Principal, CEO & sub – Call to parent / guardian and suspension of privileges.
- Meeting with Principal, CEO & sub – Call to parent / guardian and short term (5 days or less) suspension from school, or full-on expulsion.